Trying to show someone what’s on your screen?! Frustrated because you don’t know how. Well here you go:
- Windows — use “Snipping Tool”;
you can find it on your Start Menu, OR by pressing the ‘windows’ button towards the bottom left of your keyboard.
- Mac laptop/desktop (MacOS) — use __ or the keyboard combos for it — Shift-Command-3 or Shift-Command-4;
or search for it via Spotlight (little magnifying glass at top right) – search for “Screenshot.”1
- Android — press the buttons for ‘down volume’ and ‘power’ at the same time. Then let go.
- iPhone/iPad’s (iOS) — press the ‘side button’ and ‘volume up’ buttons at the same time. Then let go.
- Linux/BSD/GNU — search for and/or install the “Screenshot” app.
There you go, now you can Save it and then Share it with yourself or friends!
#1 – Couldn’t remember the name of the Mac app but I found it at https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201361